Wee Ones has been designing and manufacturing girl’s hair accessories for over 40 years. We are family-owned, and our offices are located in the suburbs of St. Louis, MO. socks, sun hats and licensed collegiate products as well.
Our team takes great pride in the quality products we design, manufacture, and distribute to a community of loyal retail customers and moms across the country. We create. We innovate. We collaborate, and are a fun, creative bunch! We love studying the trends and brainstorming to push the boundaries of our bow company.
We are looking for an Assistant Product Designer to spearhead and execute the design and development of our existing and new accessory lines.
Assistant Product Designer
Role and Responsibilities
With the help of our senior designer, you will develop Wee Ones’ products from initial conception through to production. You are a pro at all aspects of the design process, can effectively drive project timelines and problem-solve on the go.
· See the bigger picture. You have ideas to enhance and improve our current accessory lines and will research and execute new product ideas to help take the company to the next level. You want to bring a product vision to life!
· Creative and curious. You love graphics, fonts, colors, and patterns and would love to transform your ideas into a tangible product. Creative projects are your jam, and you’re bursting with crafty new ideas and can whip them up quick. If you don’t know how to do something, you’re eager to figure it out.
· Make it work and make it better! You must be a maker at heart. You’ll work in our top-secret design studio, learn the art of tying a Wee Ones bow and learn the equipment that helps us enhance the designs. Physical prototyping of our products is a daily activity that brings life to our ideas, informs design decisions, and drives our process forward. You’re get your hands moving, working quickly, and iterating often.
· Sourcing and manufacturing. As awesome as our ideas may be, the execution of these ideas is just as important. As part of the Design Team, you’ll travel to national textile shows and gift markets to purchase the latest and greatest ribbons, materials, and adornments. You’ll collaborate with our Production team and outside manufacturers to make sure our products are made according to our design specs and company standards.
Project Management. No two days are the same. Our Design Department is constantly juggling multiple projects, and you’ll need to be detail-oriented and great at time management.
Required QualificationsYou are an independent go-getter with strong design intuition and are interested in being part of a fast-paced team that gets things done in an enjoyable and energetic office. You must also be a strong project manager, capable of driving timelines, while balancing priorities and broader company objectives. A strong work ethic, communication skills, and adaptability are crucial for the role.
· Education and Experience.
· Tech Knowledge. Not only are you highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign, you work quickly and efficiently to bring designs to life. If you’re proficient in any other manufacturing related software, that’s a bonus!
· Detail & process oriented. You move quickly, but will bring quality, care, and thoughtfulness to everything you do. You ensure that our t’s are crossed and our i’s dotted.
· Always learning. You like the idea of new and exciting challenges and push the boundaries of what’s possible. You have a strong desire to learn and improve.
· Meet challenges with resourcefulness. You have a willingness to try and not be afraid of failing. You develop innovative approaches and ideas and you put them to the test.
· Team player. You will work closely with our Production, Sales and Marketing teams to find creative solutions and solve problems quickly.
· Positive Personality. You like to make every day a good day!
Quick Note: This is not a remote position and does require you to be hands-on in our corporate office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you’re excited about what you’ve just read, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your portfolio or a link to your website, along with a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in Wee Ones and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team. We look forward to hearing from you at [email protected]